Tuesday, May 24, 2011

SuperKids Does Super Job of Reviewing Software

I should just admit up front that I rarely, if ever, go shopping for software (or hardware, for that matter).  As long as what I have still works I tend to be complacent, which could explain why my laptop is eight years and my students laugh at my cell phone...

Anyway, I'm also embarrassed to say I had never looked at the http://www.superkids.com/ site until Professor Fine posted the site under the topic of software evaluation.  It is amazing!!  I mean, where do these people find time to write such detailed review of new educational software?!?!  It gave me a window on the world where they live, which made me feel excited and inadequate all at the same time. 

I poked around and found a few programs that seemed really great.  If my district weren't closing my school next year I would probably ask my principal to buy at least one of these programs, for example, "Professor Finkle's Basic Division" ( http://www.superkids.com/aweb/pages/reviews/math/2009/Professor_Finkles_Division/merge.shtml )

Sad to say, a significant portion of my middle-school students arrive not knowing how to do long division, so that is what piqued my interest in that program.

Anyway, I will keep this and similar sites in mind as resources for wherever I end up!

No comments:

Post a Comment